Twin Daggers Complete Opposites (Accy)

Go down

Twin Daggers Complete Opposites (Accy)

Post by Andromeda on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:37 am

Eva stopped to breathe as she flipped her sai swords backwards against her arm. Stepping back, she studied the poles she'd been practicing on. Not bad, but nothing like real people. It had been a long time since she'd actually had a duel against another person, and being as shy as she was, it would probably be a while until she does again. It's been two years and she still hasn't made any real friends at camp. Sure there were occasional people she'd team up with in camp activities, but other than that, no one to really befriend. She was too shy.

Doing a quick turn around, she jumped up and did a spin kick as one sword came from the left hitting the pole and the other came from the other side to hit the opposite area. Dropping on the ground, she stopped and waited as her leg throbbed. As soon as she kicked it, she knew she'd hit it the wrong way.

With a sharp intake of breath, she forced herself in an upright position, gritting her teeth as she put pressure on the injured foot. Not broken, or fractured. Probably just a small bruise.
Andromeda

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Re: Twin Daggers Complete Opposites (Accy)

Post by Alias on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:55 am

"Even if you were to try that again, you'd still hurt yourself, no matter the angle." Zidane spoke softly as he raised his pant leg, and showed her the over bruised calf. "You're too close to your target, That's why you're hitting with the weakest part of the bone. You could even make it go numb if you keep trying ya know?"
Alias
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:09 am

The voice surprised her. Was someone speaking to her? She looked up and had to move slightly, adjusting her eyes to the new shadow that appeared in front of her. Squinting her eyes slightly, the image focused and she could see him clearly.

The first thing that caught her eyes was his strikingly blue eyes which quickly reminded her of the ocean on a bright sunny day. She was, for a moment, taken back to her favorite place as the sound of the ocean and the feel of the breeze engulfed her senses.

Snapping back to reality, she looked down at his leg. Perhaps he was right. Picking up her leg, she rubbed the sore spot before backing up away from the pole. Eyeing her target, she did the exact same thing, except farther away this time. Her foot kicked just the right spot and she gracefully landed on the ground.

"Hmmm. Thanks for the tip,"
she said. She wasn't used to talking to people and it had surprised her that he even came up to her.

"I don't know why I didn't see it before."

Andromeda

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alias on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 am

"That's how it was for me too. It took another person to show me that. I'm guessin it's just one of those things only an outsider can see." Zidane began flicking his knife between his fingers. One, two, three, roll. One, two, three, Roll. He had started out using a coin actually, and eventually it grew into a habit.

"Just because i'm the sexiest person here, doesn't mean you have to stare."
He said, jokingly as he caught her eyes. Of course, he got plenty of stares. And often.
Alias
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:30 am

A blush quickly made it way to Eva's cheeks. She hadn't meant to stare, not in the least bit. But she couldn't deny he was attractive. And the fact that he seemed very confident she found attractive as well.

"I wasn't staring," she said softly as she looked down and away from him. Biting at her lips, she ran her fingers up and down the two swords she carried.

Clasping the swords to her belt, she kicked at the ground.
"Well, I'll go so you can use the equipment. Sorry, If I made you wait,"
Eva said turning a pale scarlet as she took another look at him, his mouth curved so perfectly it seemed as if it was calling out to her and his eyes so mesmirizing she felt captivated.
Andromeda

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alias on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:38 am

He ran a hand through his hair with a slight, annoying grace that one can only achieve through habit. That's all he truly was. A buildup of worthless habits. "You don't necessarily have to leave...I mean..." He pointed to the pole next to the one she had been using, "There IS more than one here."

He let his hand dance around the daggers at his belt, his eyes fixed on her, "I could use the company. I'll do what I do, and you can stand there and compliment on all of my perfections. And Trust me, It's a long list."
Alias
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:01 am

Eva couldn't help but smile. She had met plenty of egocentric individuals before, but not like him. Something about him made him undeniably undeniable.
If her brother was here he would disapprove of it. But, he wasn't. Flipping her swords up and in position behind her forearms, she stepped in beside him.
Taking a black ribbon from around her wrist, she wrapped it around her hair and tied it in a bow using only one hand, a trick that took months to perfect. With her hair tied up behind her, she was able to move around a lot more freely without her hair getting in the way.
"Let's see it then," she said motioning and pointing to the training dummies.
She was sure he had skill, but how much skill was the question.
Andromeda

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alias on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Zidane shrugged, and pulled out his daggers. He hadn't really trained with them in a while, due to the reach his twin headed spear gave. It took guts to fight with daggers, you had to get in close, it was a very dangerous practice.
He took his stance in front of the pole and decided that 'Start when ready' was applicable in this situation. He started with a kick, straight, and powerful. Had it been a person as his target, it would have been a completely lethal blow to the throat.
He didn't stop there however, he followed through with a diagonal slash that could easily have severed bone.
The pole cleaved in half.
Alias
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Eva stood back and watched as he easily sliced the pole. Her eyebrows raised and she gave him a slight nod and smile.
"Nice," she said, "But all your enemies aren't going to be at a stand still like that."
She walked to her target and began to work at it, moving as if the pole was moving with and against her. Pretending that it was alive and fighting to live, and her mission was to kill it. Eva never really fought anything to kill, only always to protect herself.
Everything around her faded as the only thing she could see was the target. It was her and it.
After a few moments, Eva stopped- no winner.
She wiped her brows and when she opened her eyes, she suddenly remembered that she had the stranger near her.

"I'm Eva Callen, by the way," she said taking a sip of water.

Andromeda

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alias on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:43 pm

"No." he agreed, "They won't." He didn't however, pull himself into a battle ready positon and show her whose boss and who isn't. Instead, when she had finished her little display of...Flexibility, he marched up to her. When his face was merely moments from hers, he paused, immediately turning on the so called 'Charm'
"Well, my beautiful princess," He knelt at the word princess, "I am Zidane Tribal."
Alias
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromeda on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Eva blushed. No, her brother would DEFINITELY not approve of this. She took her time putting her swords away as she caught her breath. There had to be distance between them because it seemed that the closer they got, the faster Eva's heart started to beat.

"It's nice to meet you," she said undoing the wraps around her wrists and stuffing them in a bag along with her water. Her bag went directly on her back and she turned to him.

"Why is it that I've never seen you before?" Eva asked wondering why for the last two years she's been oblivious of his existance. Surely they must have come across each other sometime. But if they did, Eva had no recollection of it.

Andromeda

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down